What is a log book service?
When a new car is sold the manufacture provides a log book as part of the delivery package to record the service history of the vehicle. The book provide both the owner of the vehicle and the technician vital information regarding the anticipated service procedures, inspection points and servicing intervals required for the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Brake system inspection.
- Lubrication and filter changes.
- Belt adjustments.
- Inspection of suspension components.
- Inspection of steering components,
- Fuel system inspection.
- Cooling system inspection including system pressure test.
- Tensioning of certain components.
- Inspection of lighting and electrical systems.
- Exhaust systems and emission control systems.
- Tyre pressure and wear checks.
- Other specific checks based on time and no of Km’s travelled.
To retain your warranty the log book must be stamped by the service centre and the parts and lubricants used must be equal to or of greater quality than the original vehicle manufactures specification.
At Albany Creek Auto Centre we understand your concern regarding the protection of your new car warranty; we also realize how important it is to ensure your vehicle is service by highly skilled and trained technicians.